Fast, effective, and safe payment solutions are always top of the list when gamblers intend on making deposits or receiving payouts from online casinos.
Thankfully, several banking solutions cater to the needs of Aussies playing at Remote Gambling Operators. UPayCard has been an international payment favourite for a few years now and has gained a good following in Australia as well.
Unfortunately, there seem to be some issues surrounding UPayCard, it’s safety for users, and whether or not it’s still a viable option for players.
An Overview of UPayCard
UPayCard is a financial payment solution and a registered subsidiary of Moorwand Ltd in the United Kingdom. It provides its services to both businesses and personal buyers looking for a third-party internet payment solution.
The company was established in 2013 to provide businesses and people around the world with several payment solutions, including e-wallets, crypto-wallets, and virtual and physical pre-paid debit cards. One of its keen drawcards has been its ability to process payments in multiple currencies.
While there has been a long history of service and a decent customer base, the payment provider seems to have been suspended for some reason.
Caution Going Forward
While there has been no official news of company closure, there are signs that they are no longer operating. Here is what we know:
- All the company’s social media platforms have been terminated.
- The website is live, but the live chat option is not functioning .
- There is no place to register a new account or even sign-in.
- There are many complaints online about account closures without funds being returned.
- It seems that the last time registered users were able to log in was sometime in March 2020.
- UPayCard has had their ownership transferred to PAP Onpoint Services Ltd in Cypress without the knowledge of the FCA, which may affect their license.
- Moorwand Ltd, the owner of UPayCard, is currently embroiled in court cases involving fraud and money laundering.
As a responsible gambling business, we suggest that you avoid UPayCard’s services. Thankfully, there are many other Aussie-friendly e-wallet solutions for you to enjoy when depositing and withdrawing.
Top Recommended E-Wallets for Australians
There are plenty of above-board e-wallet solutions for Australian gamblers. For the best service, you can explore brands like:
- Much Better: Available for easy access and management from your mobile phone, MuchBetter comes with a host of convenient payment facility options, including an e-wallet with pre-paid debit card facilities.
- EcoPayz: EcoPayz is a world-renowned e-wallet that offers debit card facilities for those who want a physical card. This cost-effective solution provides real-time transfers to and from your casino account.
- Apple Pay: More and more Aussies are harnessing the power of Apple Pay mobile wallet on their iOS devices.
- PayPal: Probably the world’s most popular e-wallet, it is accepted by many Aussie-friendly casinos.
All of the above service providers have a user-friendly registration process that will have you up and running within minutes. Accounts are free to register and only nominal fees are charged for topping up and withdrawing from the wallet.
Advantages of Using E-Wallets at Online Casinos
E-wallets are often the preferred method of making deposits and withdrawals because of the list of perks that come with using them.
- 2-Way Casino Transactions: E-wallets allow you to both deposit and withdraw funds at an online casino. This means that you can conveniently stick to one payment solution when gambling on the internet.
- Speedy Payments: E-wallets ensure real-time transaction speeds. Deposits reflect immediately in your account so you can play without delay and withdrawals will land in your account within minutes of the casino processing the payout.
- Extra Secure: An e-wallet works as a bridge between your bank account and the casino. It keeps all your banking details private and secure while brokering the payment with the operator. The top e-wallets are secured by 128 bit or higher SSL encryption.
- Compatibility: E-wallets can be funded from and paid out to several secondary accounts, including other e-wallets, credit cards, or your bank account.
- Low Fees: Registering an e-wallet is free. There are minimal fees charged for withdrawing funds from or topping up funds in an e-wallet from your bank account or credit card.
E-wallets provide the perfect conduit for money transfers across currency at offshore vendors.
Top UPayCard FAQs
Who owned UPayCard and when was it established?
The payment solution was owned by Moorwand Pty Ltd in the United Kingdom and was established in 2013. Currently, their site shows registration under the name PAP Onpoint Services Ltd in Cypress.
What services did/does UPayCard offer?
UPayCard offers e-wallets, virtual and physical prepaid cards, and a crypto wallet service across both desktop and mobile devices.
Was/is UPayCard available for Aussie gamblers to use online?
Australians were able to register and use UPayCard facilities until early in 2020.
Is UPayCard legit?
While UPayCard has a solid history of service and is a registered financial services provider, their current situation seems very suspicious, and many are left frustrated with the uncertainty of whether the company is in business anymore or not.
How can I register a UPayCard account?
The registration of new accounts seems to be suspended at the moment.