The online casino gaming industry is only growing stronger as the years go by. The strength lies in the amount of ingenuity and innovation that goes into keeping the experience fresh and on the cutting-edge side of development. There are so many exciting games to play, which means that there is a game for each type of preference and taste out there.
Baccarat is becoming increasingly more popular among casino players, especially the high rollers, who throw large wads of bucks on high stakes tie bets to reap back massive rewards.
Baccarat is a simple game to learn to play and includes wagering variations that pander both to low risk-takers and high stakes players alike. The premise of the game is simple – Bet on who you think will hold the hand closest to a value of 9, the player or the banker. You could also bet on a tie for odds of 8:1, but this is a risky business.
Where did baccarat originate?
As popular as the game is, there is much debate around where it started. While widely regarded as a French game, there is some evidence that may suggest that Italy was its place of origin. Nevertheless, we see that French soldiers played the game as early on in history as 1490 after which the game became popular with French nobility.
Baccarat is now very popular at European land-based and online casinos. In the past, players have avoided it because it was unfamiliar and not as mainstream as poker or blackjack. It is one of the simplest card games to learn though.
What are the advantages of playing baccarat?
There are several reasons why Baccarat has increased in popularity, most of which are down to the pros that the game offers players, which include:
- The game is super-easy to learn to play.
- There are some side-bet attractions to keep punters entertained.
- The game is suitable for all types of players, including low and high stakes gamblers alike.
- The game is unique, in the fact that it is the only casino game option that will allow you to bet against yourself.
- There are a few online variations of the game to keep the game style interesting.
Those who take up Baccarat will find it unique and very different from anything else they have played. It, therefore, provides the perfect ‘go-to’ game when you want a much-needed break from other game types.
What are the best baccarat variations?
Like so many of the other card-based casino games, baccarat also comes in a great many variations that can be enjoyed by its fans. Some of the more popular ones include:
Developed in Havana in the 1940s, Punto Banco is one of the most popular variations of Baccarat and is played with 6 decks.
Similar to Punto Banco, Mini-Baccarat comes without side bets or other frills and is played with 8 decks of cards.
Also, like Punto Banco, this variation hinges on 3 changes to the ‘hitting’ rules of the game.
Live Baccarat offers online casino players with gameplay that employs a live croupier who hosts the passage of play. The tables can seat multiple players at a time.
Try to find a game where you do not have to pay the banker commission for wins made when betting on their hand. This way you don’t have to spend 5% of your rewards each time.
Can I play virtual baccarat?
When searching through the game menus of top Aussie casinos, you will find that there are several virtual Baccarat games available for real-money betting.
The superb games are virtually rendered to look like real baccarat tables and even follow the same passage of play. The realistic feel of the gaming environment, together with the RNG dealer outcomes provides you with an authentic and satisfying gaming experience.
These virtual games are quite different from playing live casino versions, but there are some advantages to playing this way:
- You can maintain your privacy by playing by yourself.
- You can learn the game better in a more relaxed environment.
- You can play at your own pace and develop your own strategy.
Virtual Baccarat is the place that we recommend that you start if you are new to the game. Once you are used to the passage of play, you can head to a Live Casino and play in a more immersive, social atmosphere.
Is baccarat available as a live dealer game?
For a much more immersive and socially enjoyable Baccarat experience, you should try Live Dealer Baccarat. You connect to the games via your online casino of choice and the action of real table fun with a live dealer host will be live-streamed to your device. The smart interface will allow you the ability to play the game conveniently from your screen. Make your bets, chat with the dealer, and compliment the other players, all in real-time.
The advantages of playing Live Baccarat games are enormous:
- It provides a social atmosphere for extraverts.
- You can chat with the dealer and players via in-game chat.
- It feels like you are playing at an actual casino.
- There is a large variety of games to play.
The diversity of games is impressive. When playing at an Evolution casino, you can choose between some awesome titles.
- Live Baccarat: This is standard Punto Banco Baccarat at its best with added exciting side bet features.
- Salon Prive Baccarat: Enjoy the ultimate VIP experience with Salon Prive. The setting is luxurious, and the gameplay accommodates high maximum bets for lucrative gains.
- Multi-Camera Baccarat: This is a multi-camera installation that provides a wonderfully dynamic, cinematic Baccarat experience.
- Live Baccarat Squeeze: A multi-camera angle game for those who love the ritual of the ‘squeeze’. 15+ Camera angles catch every bit of the action in high definition visuals for your enjoyment.
- Speed Baccarat: This is designed for players who want to get in as many game rounds in a session as possible. Where an average game plays out in 48 seconds, Speed Baccarat plays out in 27 seconds per round.
- Lightning Baccarat: A part of the ‘’Lightning’’ series of games, this gameshow variant of the Baccarat offers you the chance to win big with progressive multipliers on every round.
- No Commission Baccarat: This game leaves you with more in your pocket, as you can score an extra 5% per round by keeping the commission that would ordinarily be paid to the banker on your win.
- Dual Baccarat: This allows you to play along with land-based players at the same table from your online destination, for a uniquely interactive and immersive experience.
- Baccarat Multi-play: You can lodge bets on all the Evolution Baccarat tables at one go without joining each table individually. Maximise your bets and win lump sums of money.
With the massive array of games up for grabs, there is no reason to get bored when playing baccarat. There is an exciting game for everybody.
Who are the best baccarat game providers?
When playing Baccarat, you will want to play titles from the best providers in the business. While there are plenty of decent games out there, why settle for the rest when you can handle the best. The top gaming studios when it comes to Online Baccarat includes:
- Evolution Gaming
- Felt Gaming
The titles from the above-listed companies are consistently good. Evolution or NetEnt are the ‘go-to’ suppliers for Live Baccarat, but virtual options from the other suppliers are top-class.
Where can I find the best baccarat games?
While frequenting the land-based casino floors will offer you some baccarat options, the best place to play is at top online casinos. Here, you can sit in the comfort of your own home and dial-up all the best game options from your mobile phone or desktop device.
There are some great casinos out there, but you must make sure that you play at ones that are Aussie-friendly. At DiceDealer, we have preselected some of the best sites for you already.
You can play at most of our recommended sites from your mobile device or computer without the need for a download. You can conveniently load up the games directly from your browser for fast and effective play while ‘on the go’.
How can I stay safe playing baccarat?
Online Baccarat is completely safe to play if you make sure that the casino offering the game ticks off the following points:
- Licensing: Stick with preferred regulators for Aussie casinos. These include the Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission, Alderney Gambling Control Commission, and the Government of Gibraltar. A good license ensures a good business brand and an ethical code of conduct.
- Certification: RNGs and gaming software must be suitably certified by an independent auditing body like eCogra, GLI, TST, or iTechLabs. this ensures that all game outcomes are completely fair.
- Security: Only sign up at safe sites with SSL encryption certificates. These are sites with the prefix ‘’Https’’ before the URL.
- Secure Payment Methods: The payment methods offered by the casino should be SSL secure and PCI approved.
The best Baccarat casinos promoted by DiceDealer are all big supporters of responsible gambling. This ensures that vulnerable players can enjoy a safer gaming experience too.
What are the best baccarat bonuses?
One of the biggest advantages of playing casino games at online casinos is the wealth of bonuses and promotions on offer. While standard welcome offers and reload bonuses are not Baccarat friendly, there are some outstanding casinos that offer bonuses and promos aimed at table games and live casino options.
Look to play at a casino that offers a Live Casino Welcome Bonus, as these will boost your bankroll and allow you to play a wealth of Live games with fair wagering requirements.
The most common bonuses for Live Baccarat include:
- Deposit Match Bonuses: The casino will match your deposit by a certain percentage.
- Bonus Wager Offers: The casino will offer a real money bonus after you bet a specific amount of money on Baccarat.
Bonuses and promotions offer you a win, win situation. You get to make bucks with free bucks – what more could an Aussie ask for?
How do I get started playing baccarat?
If you have decided to make Baccarat your go-to game and want to enjoy many of the exciting titles and bonuses available for you, there are 5 things you must do first. Follow the easy steps below to go from a reader to an active Baccarat pro:
- Read up on how to play Baccarat. Learn the passage play and some basic strategy.
- Find the best Baccarat casino to suit you as an Aussie. This is an easy process with DiceDealer as your guide.
- Join up with your casino of choice. Click on the ‘’Join Now’’ or ‘’Register’’ tab and complete the quick and easy online form.
- Claim your helpful casino bonus
- Head to the Casino Cashier’s page, select your payment method of choice and make your first deposit at the casino.
Once your real money credits are reflecting in your casino account, you can select the Table Games/Live Casino menu on the site and choose your Baccarat game of choice.https://www.dicedealer.com/