Keno is one of Australia’s most popular games of chance. Based on numbers, this game has won over many fans and has paid out multiple-millions of dollars in rewards over the years.
At DiceDealer, we are sold-out to providing top-notch gambling entertainment, and part of our mission here is to make sure that Aussies have access to some of the best Keno entertainment available on the internet.
Keno 101: What is the game all about?
If you are familiar with how to play the lottery, then you will be able to grasp the principles of Keno pretty-quickly. It is like the lotto but on a miniature scale.
At online casinos, you can play as many Keno games that you want to during a game session, unlike the lottery, where you have to wait for the set draw times each week to collect on wins.
Buying a Keno ticket is as simple as visiting your favourite supported Aussie-friendly online casino, selecting the Keno game of choice, placing your bet, and initiating the draw.
Instead of picking only 5 or 6 lucky numbers, in Keno, you can pick up to either 10 or 15 numbers of a possible 80 in your combination, depending on the specific game title you are playing. A number draw of 20 digits is then drawn by the machine and compared against your combinations. You could be awarded for matches.
The more numbers matched, the higher your rewards. For more information about the ins and outs of the game, you can refer to our page on ‘’Keno-Rules’’.
Where does Keno come from?
Most gambling games have an interesting beginning, having evolved from crude titles in the past. Many have gone through evolutions to become the commercially sound games that we now know and love. The same rings true for Keno.
The word Keno comes from the original French word ‘Quine’ and means ‘five winning numbers’. The game originated from China and was originally more like what we know as the lottery today. It is said that the early rulers of China used number games like this to generate funds to build infrastructure in the country. Legend has it, that the Great Wall of China was paid for in this way.
Instead of implementing high taxation levels, Lotto/Keno was cleverly used for the dual purpose of entertainment and fundraising, together. Players could reap rewards, while the state raised funds; a true win, win situation by all accounts.
While lottery has continued as a game for the masses with a major draw, Keno has evolved into a commercial instant win game, where players can log in online and play multiple draws in one sitting.
What are the perks of playing Keno?
Like all exciting games, some real perks come with playing Keno. For instance, it is:
- Easy to learn.
- Each ticket is affordable and determined by how much you wish to wager.
- You can play multiple rounds within minutes, making it a great game for those wanting to play on the fly.
- You need not waste time on learning strategy, as Keno is a guessing game.
- Keno comes with helpful tools to make your gameplay more convenient.
To understand what exactly you can get out of playing a game of Keno, be sure to read our Keno – How to Play page.
Who are the best online Keno game providers?
Many game providers manufacture exciting number games for your entertainment and enjoyment, but the industry’s most popular variants come from some of the best names in the casino provision industry, like:
- Microgaming: Microgaming is the industry’s oldest game provider. Well known for their pokies and table games, they produce some fine Keno options too. In Microgaming Keno, you can choose up to 15 numbers and stand in line to win massive prizes on a colourful, vibrant, and engaging display.
- Playtech: Playtech’s reach is global, supporting regions that many other providers do not service. The game maker has a well-balanced selection of games, among which are some of the market’s best Keno titles. Unlike Microgaming, this premium supplier produces a game title that allows you to choose up to 10 numbers in your combination. Lucky winners could walk home with 10,000x their stake for matching all 10 digits.
- NetEnt: Net Entertainment is the gaming benchmark on the online casino stage. Its combination of premier quality, excellent maths models, and seamless gameplay rank means its Keno games are among the best in the business. Be sure to look out for games like Bonus Keno Jackpot, which has a progressive jackpot with massive prize hauls up for grabs for a cost of between $1 and $5 per round.
Playing Keno from one of these name brands ensures that the software underpinning the game is first-class in every respect. Playable on mobile and desktop devices, the graphics, transitions, and tools work smoothly for your gaming pleasure and convenience.
What can I expect from the best Keno games?
The best casino games for Aussies come with loaded perks. When loading up premium gaming software that we stand behind, you can expect to experience:
- Variety of themes: For the sake of engagement, some games make use of different themes in the gameplay. These are usually just catchy skins on the interface that make the game a little more attractive.
- Helpful Tools and Features: Most Keno games give you some convenient tools to help you along with your gameplay. Some of these features include tools like ‘quick pick’, where the machine will choose your number for you if you don’t know which ones to choose. Another is the ‘AutoPlay’ feature, where you can play multiple rounds in a row without having to select new numbers and bet options.
- Great Rewards: Keno is a high stakes game which comes with lucrative potential rewards for matching high volumes of numbers. Some games may even link the title to a progressive jackpot network for larger than life jackpot rewards.
- Fair Outcomes: Keno is managed by fair RNG software which guarantees a unique number sequence every time.
Games these days come with the convenience of the customer in mind. When playing games from premium suppliers, you can expect the features and gameplay to make each round as exciting and effortless as possible.
Where can I Play Keno with Peace of Mind?
At Dice Dealer, we have selected only the best casinos for Aussie players. Playing Keno at these establishments means that you can play with peace of mind, as we have verified them as safe and secure sites.
The best casinos will always be suitably licensed, tested, and secured by SSL technology. Not only this, but they will always offer the most convenient payment methods for you to spend your Australian Dollars on the site.
For more in-depth information on what to look for in this respect, read through our Payments and Security Page, or browse through our section on choosing the best Aussie Keno Casino in our Keno – How to Play page.
What more can I learn about the game?
To ensure that you can play this number game to the best of your ability, there are three things you need in your arsenal:
- An understanding of the rules
- An understanding of the gameplay
- An understanding of some basic strategy
Once, you have a firm grasp of the Keno principles, there will be no stopping you. Simply find your Aussie online casino of choice, register a player account, top up your account with a deposit, and get playing without delay.
Top Online Keno FAQs
What does Keno mean?
Keno is a derivative of the French word, Quine, which is a reference to a lottery-based game. Keno is a gambling game where the results of a numbered drawer are bet on.
What numbers hit the most in Keno?
While Keno draws are chance-based, the 5 most popular numbers drawn around the world are 23, 34, 72, 1, and 4.
Is there an algorithm in Keno?
Many Keno players believe that an algorithm can be traced by watching the common numbers that come up in the draws. Properly certified RNG software is guaranteed to provide random numbers that have no bias or pattern.
How many balls are drawn in Keno?
In the most popular Keno games, 20 balls are drawn by the machine.
Who runs Online Keno in Australia?
All online Keno that is Aussie-friendly is provided by remote casinos from outside the borders of the country.