Online casinos have been around since the early to mid-90s and have produced a hugely successful and wealthy industry, worldwide.
With advancements in technology, the industry has evolved rapidly, which has caused a radical shift in the marketplace. The increase in the demand for convenience and instant gratification conceived and gave birth to the Mobile Casino market.
With the roll-out of mobile phones in most countries around the world, mobile gambling is readily available to gamblers everywhere with very little hassle. If you have a phone or a tablet, you have casino entertainment at your fingertips.
What are Mobile Casinos?
All technological hardware must be mated with suitable software to be of any use at all to us. Mobile Casinos are gambling platforms designed with software that integrates online casino game content with mobile device interfaces such as cell phones and tablets. This ensures that you and I can enjoy ace gambling entertainment while on the go.
Mobile casinos effectively give you the opportunity to play your favourite Aussie pokies, table games, and live casino entertainment wherever you have access to the internet on your device.
Pull out your phone and play while standing in a queue, or when having a quick lunch break at work – the convenience and opportunity to gamble is endless.
Advantages of Mobile Casinos
There are some great advantages to playing at mobile casinos.
- More Convenient: You can play casino games anytime and anywhere.
- Cheaper: You don’t need fancy computers that cost big bucks to play games, simply play from your supported phone handset.
- Gaming: Many of the newer games are released as ‘’mobile-first’’ options, which means you get to play the latest games first on mobile.
- Security: Mobile play is safer. Mobile devices are less vulnerable to viruses, spyware, and malware than computers and laptops are. In fact, some of the later mobile phones and tablets come with advanced security software already installed for your ultimate convenience.
- Compatibility: Mobile casinos are often linked to a standard online casino, which means that you can play from your phone where you left off on your PC.
- Pay and Play from one Place: If you pick a payment method with a mobile app, you can both pay and play from the same device.
With so many pros evident for playing from your phone or tablet, its no wonder that mobile platforms are currently far more popular than traditional online casino options.
What Technology is Involved with Mobile Casinos?
The computing/processing capabilities of desktop computers are more fluid and powerful than those of cellphones or tablets. For this reason, some devices need specific software technology to integrate gaming software in a way that is suitable for the device’s hardware capabilities. There are currently three great ways that you can play mobile games at casinos.
- Pokie, Table Game, and Live Casino Apps
Casino applications are software programs developed especially for mobile devices. Casinos will often develop their own apps that can be downloaded onto your device for free. The software allows for the games to run more smoothly on your phone because they are designed to suit your phone’s operating system.
They can either be downloaded on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store or directly from the online casino page. You can play hundreds of exciting pokies and other engaging casino games in this fashion. Most apps are designed to suit either Android or iOS (Apple) devices, but certain casinos have options for both Windows and Blackberry, too.
The best Pokie apps or Live Casino apps will be available directly from the casino websites.
Standard casino app technology is becoming a bit dated of late though. Most modern betting platforms have embraced either progressive web apps or HTML5 technology for their sites nowadays.
2. Instant Play
The latest HTML5 browser software is developed to seamlessly integrate software programming to suit the device accessing the content. This means that many HTML5 written games can be played without the need for additional software downloads, but rather directly from your mobile browser.
Games from top providers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO and others all make use of this new technology. Many of the latest casinos follow suit, providing a site that works well on mobile and desktop.
3. Progressive Web Apps
A relatively new technology, progressive web apps (PWAs) is an upgrade on traditional mobile applications. They are available directly from supporting casinos and can be downloaded within seconds.
The programming is far lighter than traditional apps and the technology streamlines the gameplay for much faster and more secure performance.
Because they are so light on resources, you can get by on average internet speeds to play the desired game efficiently. Where HTML5 play needs 4G download speeds, PWA tech can cope on 3G and provide adequate performance.
What Games Can I Play at Mobile Casinos?
In the past, the diversity of top gaming content for mobile casinos was limited, but a lot of hard work in this segment has turned it around to be the most innovative platform on the market. As said before, games are often released in mobile-first these days.
You can now play mobile casino games from all the top game providers in the industry. Aussies can enjoy options from leaders like NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, Red Tiger, Evolution Gaming, SG Digital, Pragmatic Play, and a whole lot more. Enjoy:
- Mobile Pokies: While mobile pokies and desktop pokies play out the same; embracing the same fundamental graphics and features, the user interface differs a little. Mobile pokie controls are simplified so as not to dominate and clutter the smaller screen. Not only this, but the controls are more suitably positioned on the screen for finger dexterity’s sake.
Another factor involved in mobile games is the orientation of the reels. Many games can be enjoyed in both landscape and portrait views, depending on the formatting of the reels.
Play video pokies, Vegas pokies, classic pokies, and Jackpot pokies, all from the convenience of your single pocket device.
- Mobile Table Games: Enjoy a full variety of popular virtual table games from your mobile. Like pokie games, the control format is developed to suit the small screen display. Enjoy options like Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, Poker, and more.
- Mobile Live Casino: In the past, mobile and live casino just didn’t fit well together, but with advancements in technology, you can stream live casino entertainment to your phone via either live casino app or instant play casino platforms.
Play all your Live Dealer favourites, including Live Roulette, Live Blackjack, Live Baccarat, Live Monopoly, and Deal or No Deal. The list goes on as Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, Pragmatic Play, Ezugi, Authentic Games, and Playtech have made great strides to embrace the ‘’on the go’’ marketspace.
- Mobile Instant Games: Scratch cards, keno, bingo, and other instant-play games can all be enjoyed on your mobile device.
What Bonuses and Promotions are Available at Mobile Casinos?
Aussie mobile players may find themselves in luck with exclusive mobile casino bonuses when registering an app or opening a mobile account. If not, it’s no biggie, all standard bonuses and promotions will be available via your phone too.
Bonos and promos are a big part of what draws the crowds to the casinos, as the bonus credits go a long way in enhancing your bankroll. Welcome offers are geared to help you explore a new site, while regular promotions will keep loyal players happy with reload options and more.
There are several popular kinds of offers available at mobile casinos, including:
- Match Deposit Bonuses: The casino will match your deposit by a stipulated percentage, up to a limited amount of cash.
- Deposit Free Spins: The casino will give you free spins on selected pokie games when you make a minimum deposit into your real-money casino account.
- No Deposit Free Spins: Sometimes, the casino will give you free spins on pokies for simply signing up on their site as an additional Welcome offer.
- Cashbacks: Some mobile casinos offer a cashback bonus percentage on your real-money losses over the course of the month. This amount will be capped but helps you recover extra credits to play with.
Mobile casino bonuses will have terms and conditions for playthrough. Be clear on the following requirements:
- Minimum Deposit needed to claim the bonus
- If there are restrictions on certain payment methods
- What the wagering requirement is before wins can be withdrawn
- What the maximum bet per round is
- What games you can play
- The game weighting with regards to the wagering requirements.
Mobile casino bonuses remain an advantage for you, as the extra credits will extend your bankroll and give you added opportunity to play for longer than if you were merely playing with your own money.
What Aussie Payment Methods are Accepted at Mobile Casinos?
It’s vitally important that Aussies can deposit and withdraw funds in AU Dollars. All the top Australian Mobile casinos offer safe and secure payment methods that will allow you to make your deposit in record time and withdraw your winnings with the least amount of delay possible.
Some of the most popular and secure PCI approved payment methods accepted at these platforms include:
- Card Options: All top casinos will accept popular credit/debit card options, such as Visa and Mastercard.
- E-Wallets: Electronic wallets allow you to make instant deposits and withdrawals from online casinos. The likes of Neteller, Skrill, MuchBetter, and ecoPayz are Aussie-friendly. They are linked to your bank account or credit card and can be downloaded as a mobile-friendly app, in most cases.
- Mobile Wallets: Mobile wallets are perhaps the most convenient when playing from your phone, but unless you have an Apply phone and use Apple Pay, there aren’t that many solutions available for Aussies.
- Instant banking Options: Make easy instant deposits from your own bank account with the help of a proxy server service like NeoSurf or POLi. These Aussie-friendly methods have partnered with all of Australia’s prominent banks to provide a third-party payment option that is fast, effective, and secure.
When playing at a top Australian Mobile Casino, you can expect the operators to process your withdrawal requests within 24 to 48 hours. For the quickest withdrawals, opt for a convenient e-wallet option.
How do I pick a Safe and Ethical Mobile Casino Site?
When playing online, safety and security should be of utmost importance to you. Be sure to invest your money at a safe and ethical mobile casino. There are a few things to check to make sure that the casino you are looking to sign up with meets the grade:
- Licensing: All top mobile casinos are licensed by the top regulators in the industry. The best casinos are licensed by one or more of the following bodies:
- UK Gambling Commission
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission
- Government of Gibraltar
- Spel Inspektionen (Swedish Gambling Regulator)
These regulators hold the casinos to a strict ethical code and monitor the quality of their platform. You can cross-reference the license number supplied on the site with the database on any of the regulator websites to make sure the platform is legit.
- Certification: All licensed casinos will carry out independent testing of their RNGs and gaming software on the site. These are usually certified by industry-leading auditing houses, like eCogra, TST, or iTech Labs.
- Security: All legit mobile casinos will run on a secure browser which is underpinned by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. Verify the website in the browser bar. It should show HTTPS before the web URL. The ‘S’ stands for ‘secure’.
- Responsible Gambling: Top licensed casinos will all promote responsible gambling. No operator site will push you to play with more than you can afford, but instead, encourage you to approach gambling wisely to keep it a fun pastime.
The best mobile casinos will offer you various protocols to help keep your gaming sessions responsible. Some of the tools available include:
- Deposit Limits: You can place a helpful limit to your spending on their sites to regulate your cash flow.
- Cool Off: Take a holiday from gambling for a day or longer.
- Session Limits: Set a reasonable time limit to your play.
- Reality Check: Set a reality check notification to pop up every half an hour to remind you of how long you have been playing.
- Self-Exclusion: You can opt to exclude yourself from gambling at a casino or casino network for between a few months to a few years.
The industry is devoted to keeping online/mobile gambling a safe arena for vulnerable people, by ensuring that under-aged players are not exposed to harmful materials that could result in problem gambling later in life.
How do I Get Started at a Mobile Casino?
Now that you have all the information on what Mobile casinos are and what they offer, you need only join a top-rated platform and give it a burl. You will need to register a player account first, but this can be done in a few simple steps.
- Log on to your mobile casino site of choice from your mobile browser.
- If it is an instant-play site, you can press ‘’Join/Register’’ at the top of the page. If the site supports a mobile app, click on the download tab to get the process going.
- Fill in the form submission that pops up on the screen, providing a unique username and password to guard your account.
- Once registration is done, you can opt-in on your mobile casino Welcome Offer.
- You will be directed to the casino cashier, where you can select your payment method of choice and make your first deposit.
Once the credits reflect on your account, you can set about playing all your favourite pokies, table games, and more.
Playing at the top mobile casinos offers some of the best entertainment available in the online gambling space. The sheer convenience of being able to pull your device out of your pocket and tap on the screen to initiate your pokie play is second to none.
Keep your ear close to the ground at DiceDealer, as the mobile marketplace is constantly growing and advancing. Who knows what tomorrow holds for this type of gambling? All we know is that it is only set to get better as we go!
Mobile Casino FAQ
Are Mobile Casinos Fair/Legit?
Yes, there is a large number of mobile casinos that are well licensed to offer ethical gambling services.
Can I use my existing casino account when playing on mobile?
Yes, most casinos that offer both desktop and mobile sites will allow you to play from one account.
Will I have the same game selection at mobile casinos?
The game selection may differ slightly, especially when it comes to older flash-based games. Most new games are mobile friendly and you can play all the latest pokies, table games, live dealer games, and more.
Where can I download a casino mobile app?
If a mobile casino has a supporting app, it can usually be downloaded from the casino site. Otherwise, search the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.